Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 6 & 7 Sf Opera's Marriage of Figaro Simulcast at AT&T Park in SF, July 3

Today is Monday and I am taking the day off but before  I do want to write a little about the capture  we did yesterday, Sunday the 21st.

Sunday was the last capture of Marriage of Figaro in 16 x 9.  Our opera vision  and the general audience were enthusiastic  Sunday afternoon.  The cast really fed on this and I find that when they get that energy they play "bigger."  Meaning they move a little faster, and they always don't hit their marks .  That's live opera.  As you know if you have been reading this blog, I block cameras shots so we can tell the story to the viewing  audience.   Comedy  is the toughest because not only is there's singing, there is physical comedy,  there are reactions to that comedy and because there is quite of few principals you want to get all of their reactions.  Timing is everything.  
I spoke to the Philippe Sly, who plays Figaro.  I asked him when he interacts with another singer(s) would he  hit the same marks each time so I can get we (the crew) can get our timing down.  He was happy to do it.  When he is singing an aria or he is by himself he can go and do what he wants. 

 I want to see the interaction as close as I can so I can see the singers emotions, their connections to each other.  Obviously if their doing something physical I want to see them from Head to toe. 

Tomorrow is a blocking day in 29 x 9.






No comments:

Post a Comment