Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 1 SfOpera's Marriage of Figaro Simulcast at AT&T Park in SF, July 3

This is  Day one of Marriage of Figaro Count down.  I am preparing to direct the Marriage of Figaro opera for broadcast to AT&T Ball Park in SF on July 3.  I will be directing my crew and 11 cameras from the  high atop  the 5th Floor, HD Suite at the San Francisco Opera.  I will let you in on what I go through on directing, I think it's my 10th simulcast ( I did one for Seattle Opera and another for Opera Company of Philadelphia).  I can tell you from one rehearsal the cast is fantastic.  They are entertaining and humorous.  The SF opera orchestra is led in this production by maestro Patrick Summers.  If you would like to see it at the Ballpark on July 3 for free, check out this link.  I will be back tomorrow!

Here is a past article by Geri Jeter that will give some background on the simulcast and what was in our  HD suite a few years back. We have upgraded since.

http://issuu.com/gerijeter/docs/plsn-zamacona-0810/1

No comments:

Post a Comment