Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 3 Sf Opera's Marriage of Figaro Simulcast at AT&T Park in SF, July 3

Blocking Figaro today.  I have added a couple of photos to today's blog. The first one is my score.  It's 494 pages.  Blocking involves watching our split screen 11 camera coverage from our rehearsal and then selecting the best possible angle.  The yellow post-its are the camera numbers and brief description and the pink ones are the corrections that I have made since the camera rehearsal.

Figaro has a lot of fun moments in it and the principle singers not only sing but do sight gags, physical comedy and react. I am estimating at least 2500+ shots. This process will go on up till the day before as I am also working on Two Women and Les Troyens at the SF Opera.


That's me. !
This photo shows two robotic stations that each camera person operates during a simulcast.
Tomorrow we cover Figaro for the opera vision audience in attendance.
This photo shows the VIP.  This shows 10 cameras below and the preview (upper left)
and program line cut (Upper right) I make selections and changes based on past captures/rehearsals.



No comments:

Post a Comment