Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 14, Sf Opera's Marriage of Figaro Simulcast at AT&T Park in SF, July 3

June 29, 2015

Today was adding a few more shots and meetings.  Our production team met over the July 3 rundown and it was put together by Francis Crossman our ace editor at the opera.

The director's team did as much as possible to finish off Figaro.  Tonight will be our shakedown and by that I mean our backup recording  for the AT&T simulcast.  What I mean by backup is that if something goes technically wrong at the Opera House on July 3.  What we tape tonight will be shown at the Ball Park.  We haven't had to do that in all of the years I have directed but like they say, "There is always a first time." However,  I remain positive.

I joined my camera crew for a brief review of Act 3.  Glad I did as I changed some framing and descriptions on the shot sheets.  At the opera we have what we call shot driver and is pushed by Uwe, our engineer in charge who is also watching all recordings.  Here is a paper version of the shot driver:
Shot sheet

Working the Directing team until show time, gotta go!


No comments:

Post a Comment