Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 15 Sf Opera's Marriage of Figaro Simulcast at AT&T Park in SF, July 3

Day 15 - June 30 Captured the last Two Women performance at SF Opera.

Besides directing the capture, one of the camera operators and I go up to the Upper Balcony during an intermission  and ask the audience their opinion of Opera Vision.  We have been doing this for the last 8 years and have been  always surprised.  Here was our experience.

"Last Night after Act one of Two Women, camera operator Doug Hunt and I went up to the Upper Balcony to visit "our opera vision audience."  Out of 12 interviewees, only one did not care about the screens. By the way, he was with a friend who thought the screens greatly enhanced his opera experience.

What was really "cool" for us was that two of the people we interviewed told us that they initially hated opera vision when it first began 8 years ago, but now, they loved it and plan their season around it.  The one woman who I interviewed who thought it was a joke when opera vision first came out 8 years ago told me that she wrote a very nasty email to the opera saying how she hated it and thought it was some sports nuts idea!  She was happy to tell me that now she believes in it and really enjoys the closeups and hopes that by telling me how much she enjoys it that it will absolve her from the negative email 8 years ago. 

The capture had a couple hitches.  Camera 3, our wide master went down during the show, so we had to use a wider master from the upper Balcony.  This was a little too wide.  I went to  a quick sequence where there was no one there.   I was too quick fro my own good.

If this is ever distributed or streamed it will have to be edited.   Overall it was a pretty good live cut.




No comments:

Post a Comment